Rocket waits at home with Alex.

Friday, April 10, 2009

WOW

Today, April 10, 2009, I got my first view of Mount Everest. WOW! Unbelievably magnificent! Yesterday it rained, then hailed, then snowed. This morning the sky was clear and blue. We hiked up from here in Namche about another 1,000 ft to a scenic vista. We hiked through a pine forest to the view point and with the new snow everything was just beautiful. We rounded a corner and there was AmaDablem one of the most beautiful mountains in the world, blanketed with new snow. A little further we saw Everest, with its signature white cloud plume coming off the peak. I never thought I'd ever see these mountains in person. And I cannot believe how beautiful they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Yves (Aix)

Anonymous said...

im so jelaous!! pics??