Rocket waits at home with Alex.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

hello Larry, goodbye Tex


I  had a dream about my shower at home . I know that’s worrisome and maybe a little strange but I haven’t had a shower in a while and my shower at home is such a nice thing. Its new, shiny with glass walls and a shower head that is adjustable  with the option of holding it in your hand…like European showers. Barbara did all the ordering. I just inherited it.  As  they say you don’t what you got till its gone and I really miss my shower. Anyway, in my dream, I was in the shower and got out and stood on the green stone tile floor ( it might be marble, Barbara  ordered it)  it felt clean and safe  and there was nothing to worry about  and then I just got right back in the shower. It was warm and clean and safe and I think I stayed there a long time. It’s hard to tell time in a dream. But then I woke up and went to my “bathroom” here and I knew I wasn’t dreaming any more, but maybe in a nightmare.  In my bathroom there is no bath. there is a shower but it doesn't work. There is a toilet and even though it is "manual" ( you have to fill the tank by hand) its OK. I had the toilet seat delivered here from Mwanza in 2008. Since  the shower doesn't work I am very good with bucket baths, that is the standard here and that is just the way it is.
  The problem is I share my bathroom with others. They don’t care about the things I do, like cleanliness. Among the "others" that I can see one is a lizard/salamander/chameleon. He is really pretty cute. I know he is good because he eats other bugs and things  that I don't see. The less of us in here the better. I call him Larry but he doesn't respond to his name. Another one  is Tex. I call him Tex because he’s bigger then Texas. He is an NFL sized cockroach. He likes to hang out under my  toilet seat but I think he lives in the drain.Tex is not only big, he is fast. Really perfect NFL material. I am trying to be Buddhist about Tex but I don’t think it’s going to work out. Peaceful co- existence is not an option.  Not in my bathroom here and  not in the bathroom of my dreams. I think its going to be hello Larry, goodbye Tex.

No comments: